Founders’ Celebration commemorates the founding of the University and the legacy of the Stanford family. This is an opportunity for all members of the Stanford community—students, faculty, and staff—together with members of neighboring communities to join in celebration of the success of Jane and Leland Stanford’s dream to establish a "university of high degree."
In and around Cantor Arts Center:
Stanford Family Carriage
"The Wheelmen" - local antique high wheel bicyclists
Stanford Historical Society
Stanford Bookstore display of related historical books. Purchase at the White Plaza store.
- Exhibit of Stanford Family artifacts, ephemera and memorabilia, and archival slide show from the University Archives.
- Daniel Hartwig, University Archivist, will give a short introduction to the Historical Family Exhibits at 11:30 AM, 1:15 PM, and 2:30 PM.
Stanford Family rooms:
- Docent tours at 11:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:30 PM, and 3:00 PM.
- While visiting Cantor Arts Center, we hope you will take the opportunity to pose with members of the Stanford family! That's right: Leland, Jane, and even Leland Jr. will be on hand for photo opps.
Cantor Family Programs:
Art-making with a professional art educator. For children 5 and upwards.
Moorman Studio 1:00-3:00 PM
Create mosaics inspired by the mosaics on the facade of the museum.
Sign-up for a 30-minute session at our Family Sunday welcome table located near the Cool Cafe.
Courtyard 2:00-4:00 PM
Create your own hand-made fan inspired by the fan on display in the Stanford Family room.
The McMurtry Building:
Visit the new McMurtry Building between 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm and take a self-guided tour of the Coulter Art Gallery featuring the exhibition Comma And...This is the second annual undergrad juried art exhibition at Stanford.
In and around the Stanford Family Mausoleum Area:
On this rare occasion, the Stanford Mausoleum will be open to visitors between the hours of 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Members of the ASSU Senior Class Cabinet will continue the long-standing tradition of laying flowers at the Stanfords' tomb at 1:00 PM.
- Docent tour of the Mausoleum area at 1:15 PM - meet at the Mausoleum shuttle stop.
Other areas of note around the Mausoleum:
Stanford Family Memorial Statue
Angel of Grief
Arizona Cactus Garden
A flyer of information about the area may be downloaded from the link on the right.